Title: SQL Server DBA (Senior)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Security Clearance Required: Active DoD Secret clearance or above
We are looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join our team! As a SQL Server DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, and performance of critical SQL Server.
SQL Server Database Administrators are responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems. Their main goal is to ensure high availability, disaster recovery and consistent performance of various agency applications.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server databases
- Design, prototype, and deploy High Availability and Disaster Recovery HA/DR solutions.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Monitor system’s health and performance before and after HA/DR.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Provide suggestions for HA/DR solutions.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Support for HA/DR rollout during weekend/nights to apply changes to production systems.
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Required Skills / Experience
- 5 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar.
- Active Clearance required: Secret or above.
- Roles showing variety of technical responsibilities.
- 3 years of experience with MY SQL Server Administration experience required.
- 2 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- 2 years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- 2 years of experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- 2 years of experience with Windows Server Failover Clusters (WSFC).
- Sense of ownership in company’s success, critical thinker, problem-solving skills and team player. Good time-management skills and requires limited direction.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Progressive Certifications in any of MCSA SQL Server Administration, MCSA SQL Server Development, MCSE Data Management and Analytics
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus