Client: Defense Customer
Title: Senior Strategic Planner
Location: Washington, D.C.
Security Clearance Required: Active DoD Secret clearance
The Strategic Planner will support our customer site and support the Department of Navy (DON) working at the Pentagon. (Note: until the virus has abated, much of the work will be remote.) Members of the Strategic Planning team will serve as liaisons within each of the functional areas. They will report through the Lead Senior Strategic Planner, who will advise and assist the Deputy Director Office of the Chief Management Officer (OCMO). The Strategic Planner and the Strategic Planning team will work to prioritize tasks and synergize lines of effort between OCMO functional areas in order to meet vision highlighted in the National Defense Strategy and the Department of the Navy.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
The Strategic Planner will enhance situational awareness inside and ensure seamless communication between functional areas and OCMO leadership with respect to mid and long-term division efforts. The Team the Strategic Planner works on will establish and maintain operational relationships with other stakeholders throughout DON in an effort to broaden situational awareness and the area of influence of the OCMO.
The Strategic Planner will assist in preparation of periodic reviews of OCMO lines of efforts and solicit measures of performance towards OCMO strategic goals. This objective directly supports the mission of OCMO by ensuring unity of effort and prioritizing of initiatives.
The Strategic Planner will continue to assist in development of a Strategic Planning Framework eventually resulting in an Enterprise Transition Plan. Through lines of effort, objectives, tasks to key performance indicators, measures of effectiveness and performance, the Strategic Planner will assist in providing leadership with a measure of the efficacy of the OCMO’s portfolio. The Strategic Planner will assist in development of roadmaps providing the timeline, actors, and actions to achieve strategic goals.
The Strategic Planner will deliver strategic planning materials based on the strategic planning framework, to include any cost estimates, assessments, prioritizations, budgetary data presentations and metric data required by leadership to aid in accomplishment of the strategic goals increasing efficiency, governance, compliance and increasing warfighting capability, readiness, or capacity.
Required Skills / Experience
• > 5 years’ experience working at the Pentagon.
• > 3 years’ experience working as strategic planner and presenting to / working with Senior Pentagon Staff and Generals.
• > 3 years’ DON experience preferred.
• Excellent MS Office skills, especially PowerPoint.
• Excellent writer.
• Intermediate knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to strategic planning and portfolio management.
• Ability to identify and assesses long and short-term organizational goals and develops strategies to accomplish these goals.
• Ability to identify areas where improvements can be made in an organization.
• Capability to conduct research on industry best practices and trends.
• Ability to develop a time and event-based sequence set of events focused on completing initiatives for successful outcomes.
• Possess knowledge and understanding of DON resourcing and budgeting.
• Understand DON governance and decision-making structures/processes.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms with all levels of staff, as well as clients.
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or related field.
• Possess an active DoD SECRET clearance