Title: Senior Cloud Architect/SME
Client: Department of State
Working directly with a team of Enterprise Architect(s), Solution Architect(s) and Subject Matter Experts (SME), you will work as a Senior Cloud Developer to support multiple migrations of legacy applications to an AWS cloud. AWS certification preferred.
We will need someone that brings a minimum of 5 years of experience. A cloud architect that services across a range of technologies, application of architectural methods and structure complex solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Develop and organize cloud systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company’s cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Support modernization initiatives including but not limited to designing and implementing evolutions to CA infrastructure based on industry best practices, optimization, and modernization to reduce costs and improve services.
- Support transitioning resources from decentralized deployments to centralized data-center-oriented operating environments, migration of systems from physical to virtual operating environments, and use of Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) compliant cloud systems.
- Support Infrastructure modernization efforts including:
- Supporting CA/CST in developing proposals for evaluation by the DOS Cloud Computing Governance Board, and support implementation of off-premise cloud solutions as approved by the Government.
- The design and implementation of on premise IaaS and PaaS capabilities, as well as expanded use of containerized deployment strategies (e.g. Docker,). Modernization engineering efforts shall include methods to enable the “portability” of provisioning models, allowing infrastructure and platform templates to be potentially transitioned from on premise hosting environments to FedRAMP compliant cloud systems.
- Increased automation to enable the management of server configurations and lockdowns, auditing managed assets to ensure configuration drift is detected and corrected.
- Supporting IaaS platforms to enable the rapid provisioning of compute, network, and storage capabilities to support both non-production and production requirements. IaaS capabilities shall be capable of providing self-service provisioning services by authorized users, and establishing operating environments that are conformant to DOS and CA/CST configuration and security template requirements, IaaS provisioned environments shall be capable of being monitored by the CAEIO developed enterprise monitoring environment.
- Supporting PaaS offerings that enable standardized, application-level templates for core application platforms (e.g. WebLogic, Apache Web Server, IIS, and Oracle database) with defined structures and procedures that enable the deployment of custom application SW into platform containers.
- Supporting SW-defined infrastructure, including network and storage assets that enable the use of replicated object storage to enable efficient access to resources world-wide.
- Requires US Citizenship and active TOP SECRET Government security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science or related field with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience, or Master’s degree with 6 years
- Experience developing, provisioning and managing cloud solutions.
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages:
- Solid understanding of modern DevOps practices, including automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous integration methodologies.
- Fluent knowledge of Azure cloud services technologies.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following: Software design or development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization (e.g. think through workarounds, evaluate risk of various deployment options, etc.).
- Experience with leading customer facing efforts.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, MS Azure
- Commercial Off-The-Shelf and open source tools such as Alteryx, Informatics, Talend, and InfoSphere.
- ITIL and/or ITSM certifications.
- Active Microsoft Azure/AWS Solutions Architect.
- Active Microsoft Azure/AWS Administrator.
- Microsoft Cloud Certifications (MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate or MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure).